Eat.Live.Nourish.™ Intuitive Eating Essentials for Midlife, Menopause and Beyond
... a self-study Online Course
Are you tired of being at war with your waistline?
Do you find yourself eating "emotionally" and feeling out of control, despite trying even harder to control your food intake?
Would you like to make peace with what you eat?
Chew on this...
You’ve been struggling with food so long, you don’t even know what it would be like to stop fighting!
You’ve counted, you’ve measured, you’ve meal planned, you’ve ridden the roller coaster of diets more times than you can remember.
No matter how hard you have tried, that weight keeps coming back.
You’ve put yourself last for too many years, relinquishing self-care to attend to the needs of others.
You haven’t let yourself need or want anything.
Or... You're at midlife and your body is changing...again!
It’s no wonder, really. All you’ve ever known is dieting. It’s all your mom knew and it’s what your friends do.
Restriction, scarcity and pain have been your constant companions and their presence in your life has been normalized by media messages about what it means to be a woman.
For far too long you’ve let what takes up space on your plate take up too much room in your brain......
You don't need to hear that there is anything wrong with your body... but you do need a solution.
The solution is not found in endless diets that just leave us feeling deprived, hangry, and unsatisfied.
- The solution lies in UNLEARNING these toxic diet culture messages that value body weight above health and well-being.
- The solution lies in challenging these toxic messages that cause us to fear food, obsess over the number on the scale, and over calories, points, macros, and feel guilt over all our food choices.
- The solution lies in giving ourselves unconditional permission to eat all foods without fear, to enjoy food, to care for ourselves, and put our needs first.
- The solution lies in making food and activity choices from a place of self-care, not self-control.
You will learn that you are more than what you weigh and you are more than what you eat.
Food can be more than just fuel, and it can be more than a foe.
Instead of building a new diet plan, you can build walls that keep out diet culture and its toxic messaging.
You CAN let go of diet culture, and you CAN learn to embrace intuitive eating!
Intuitive Eating is a personal process of trusting your inner body wisdom to make choices around food that honor your physical well-being as well as your emotional health! To discover which foods feel good in your body, without judgment and without influence from diet culture.
Intuitive Eating is not a diet or food plan. Period. There is no pass or fail, no “blowing it,” rather it’s a journey of self-discovery and connection to the needs of your mind and body.
Introducing the ...
This program is ideal for people who ...
- Have tried to follow an Intuitive Eating program but keep falling off the wagon.
- Feel "at war" with your body and struggle with negative body image.
- Have cut out entire foods or food groups from your diet.
- Want to make changes and become an Intuitive Eater, but need guidance to stay on your path.
- Would like to learn more about nutrition for menopause but don't want to be "triggered" by diet culture messages.
The support and training are built on concepts found in the groundbreaking book, Intuitive Eating and the NEW Intuitive Eating Workbook, by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN and Elyse Resch, MS, RDN.
Intuitive Eating Essentials has one main goal for participants and that is to help you continue your practice of intuitive eating as these skills require just that …practice!
A message from Erica...
Every single person I have had the honor to work with describe the freedom and joy that comes from ditching diets!
They say they don't remember life PRIOR to learning about intuitive eating...
In our patriarchal society, it is difficult NOT to think about food, body shape, and size 24/7.
We’ve been conditioned from birth to act and look a “certain” way — ONE SIZE ONLY!
That's diet culture.
That diet culture voice is sneaky, and has whispered in your head long enough.
That diet culture voice has been trying to convince you you're not good enough.
That diet culture voice is harsh and mean and needs excavating!
The diet culture lies were given voice by patriarchy, racism, sizeism and ageism.
You don’t need to listen to them. You can listen to yourself instead.
You can give yourself permission to listen to a kinder, gentler voice.
It’s time to uncover, unlearn and pursue your passions. It’s time to move on.
I am so excited to share the journey of intuitive eating with you! If you are ready to try a NEW APPROACH... I invite you to sign up for my Intuitive Eating Essentials Online Course for Midlife, Menopause and Beyond and Find Food Freedom and Body Peace Forever.
It’s time to explore and unlearn those toxic diet culture messages that value body weight above health and well-being
It's time to expand and pursue your own self-care practices
It's time to embrace and reconnect with your body's wisdom
INTUITIVE EATING ESSENTIALS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
You will discover strategies and ways to:
- Accept and understand the changes that happen to your body during midlife and menopause
- Handle emotions, thoughts or circumstances WITHOUT depending on food
- Find satisfaction and feel good about eating
- Recognize hunger and fullness
- Practice self-care to help you achieve your body’s natural, "just right" weight
- Discover new tools to help you feel great in your own skin
- Eat all foods without guilt or judgement!
- Stop bashing your body!
- Listen to your body’s true needs & find creative ways to provide them
- Live your life from a place of self-acceptance & compassion
- Recognize what emotional eating is really telling you (it has an important message for you)
Hear what past students have to say about this Intuitive Eating program...
Erica Leon's course changed my life. I learned about the amazing way my body adapts during midlife, and that these changes are normal. I learned the fundamentals of intuitive eating, from how to notice my hunger and fullness to gentle nutrition for menopause. I loved being able to connect with other women who are having the same experiences. We laughed together, supported each other, and learned to let go of rigidity and fear around food! I feel more confident in my body, and able to make choices (even around the holidays) that are right for me. Learning to trust myself around food, I discovered, affected other areas of my life as well."
I went to Erica Leon’s virtual group intuitive eating class, I truly gave up the diet mentality and the tools. I threw away all of the diet foods and tools including FINALLY the scale. I’m feeling great and eating what I want in quantities my body needs. It’s been great. Thanks again!"
Learning the skills and mindset of Intuitive Eating with Erica Leon has been truly a transformative experience. I came to Erica expecting that she’d help me find solutions, boundaries and an expectation for what nutrition should be, instead I found comfort, healing and a whole new approach to living. This is the best decision I’ve ever made."
Thank you so much for all the work we have done. When I do follow a schedule and write down what I am eating, I feel so much better and like I have my life in control. I will forever be grateful to you for giving me that tool and so many others."
Your registration for the Intuitive Eating Essentials Course includes:
- Access to the Intuitive Eating Essentials for Midlife, Menopause and Beyond Curriculum, a self-paced, 8-module intuitive eating course designed to help you break free from the rigid rules of diet culture.
- 8 (eight) training modules that cover the following topics:
- You mean I DON'T Have to be on a Diet?
- Living a Valued Life: Shifting Your Thoughts and Behaviors, Developing Self-Compassion
- Honor Hunger and Make Peace with Food
- Mindfulness, Fullness and Satisfaction
- Challenge Your Negative and Self-defeating Thoughts
- Cope with Your Emotions with Kindness
- Respect Your Body & Body Image
- Gentle Nutrition & Physical Activity
- Bonus Module with Menopause-Focused Lessons
- Plan your way to a new you with the Eat.Live.Nourish.™ Intuitive Eating Wellness Planner and Journal
- Bonus Resources in the way of worksheets, meditations, checklists and handouts.
- Special Lessons with Guest Speakers held on various topics, such as managing changing body image through midlife, managing stress and "emotional" eating, developing self-compassion.
- Community Support via a Private Facebook Community with people just like you -- working to embrace a life free from diets, weight worries, and body shame. We will journey together in finding food peace while challenging our assumptions of "normal" eating, "healthy" body weights, and understanding and living our truest core values.
Here is what you will gain:
- Freedom to enjoy time and meals with friends and family.
- Wisdom, knowledge and confidence to live a full life in your here-and-now body.
- Flexibility and amnesty from the oppression of all the food rules and the expectation that your body has to look a certain way.
You will find a new world of food freedom when you finally let go of diets and diet mentality. Whether you are recovered/recovering from an eating disorder or struggling with yo-yo dieting, trying to learn how to work with the changes of your body as you head into menopause and beyond, you will find the common sense in learning to be "attuned" with your body.
This self-study course offers you ways to work through these challenging times we live in and continue to stay on your path of making peace with food and your body image.
I know that our nutrition, body image and our health can be difficult to work on and that's why it's helpful to keep building on these habits that will change everything for the long term.
That is why so many women and others work with me - they need the expertise, guidance and support from a professional who knows how challenging this can be. You are working on creating lifelong habits, and this program is one of the best ways to learn to do this without the higher fees of working one on one with a dietitian.
I'd love to help you continue on your Intuitive Eating Journey...
Additional one-on-one nutrition counseling sessions can be arranged, as needed.
Questions About The Program?
Click here to schedule your Free 15-minute Intuitive Eating Essentials Discovery Phone Session. We’ll discuss how to get you on the path to “normal” eating!