MS, RDN, CDN, CEDS
Westchester Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Eating Disorder Specialist.
Erica (and all practitioners at Erica Leon Nutrition) practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not we’re a good fit.
She prides herself on being down to earth, relatable, and a practitioner who understands her client’s struggles, having dealt with her own personal health issues over the years.
“I am an anti-diet dietitian because I have witnessed first-hand the emotional and physical damage created by diet culture and the never-ending quest for thinness. I have seen how the constant pursuit of intentional weight loss often creates disordered eating patterns, frank eating disorders, and makes people feel like failures when their weight loss attempts invariably fail. People naturally come in all shapes and sizes.”
My 40-year career as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist has included working in hospitals, corporations, and colleges. Ultimately, combining all of my skills and interests, I established a private nutrition practice in Westchester County, New York over 25 years ago.
I hold a bachelor’s degree in nutrition from Cornell University and a master’s degree in clinical nutrition from New York University.
Credentialed by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, I also have additional training and specialty certification from: the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP) as a Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian and as a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
Recognizing the need for addressing my clients’ body image concerns, I became a licensed Be Body Positive Facilitator, having trained with Connie Sobczak and Elizabeth Scott, LCSW. Co-Founder and Director of Trainings.
I speak frequently and am quoted in the media on topics such as disordered eating, eating disorder treatment and prevention, intuitive eating, family nutrition and teen eating issues.
WORK WITH ME
If you’re ready to feel free around food without obsession or worry, want to manage your weight in a realistic and sustainable manner, need to manage a health condition requiring nutrition therapy, or have any questions or concerns about you or your family’s nutritional health, I’d love to talk to you.
Erica has been published in …
Erica Leon, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
and Eating Disorder Specialist
My philosophy is one of balance. I truly believe that all foods fit.”
- B.S. Cornell University, Nutrition
- M.S. New York University, Nutrition
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, New York State
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian, International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP)
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Licensed Be Body Positive Facilitator, 2018
- Chair of Ardsley School District Wellness Committee, 2007 – 2011
- Jenkins Award Recipient, For Contributions to the Youth of Ardsley
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics:
- Sports & Cardiovascular Practice Group
- Behavioral Health Nutrition Eating Disorder Subgroup
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Practice Group
- Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH)
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP)
- IAEDP New York Chapter
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFEDD)
- Intuitive Eating Professionals
- North American Menopause Society
- Westchester Rockland Dietetic Association
Reach out via Phone:
Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call, which gives you time to let us know about your needs, and to see if we are the best fit!
or click the button to email us!