Avocado and Chicken – It’s a match made in heaven.
Enjoy the scrumptious and healthy recipe.
Avocado Chicken Alfredo
Avocado Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk, any kind you like
- Salt to season
- 1 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional to prevent avocado browning)
- 1 pound box pasta
- 1 tablespoon reserved sun dried tomato oil
- 1 pound chicken breast filets (or thighs), cubed
- 3/4 cup (150g | 5 oz) sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and oil reserved
- Extra parmesan cheese to garnish
- Mixed Italian herbs to garnish (oregano, basil, parsley) — adjust to your tastes
- Combine the avocados, garlic, parmesan cheese, milk, salt to your taste, oil and lemon juice in food processor bowl.
- Process until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Add reserved oil to a preheated nonstick pan or skillet on medium heat. Sauté chicken until beginning to change color.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and sauté together with the chicken until chicken is browned.
- Add in hot cooked pasta and mix through chicken and tomatoes; and allow to cook through for 3-5 minutes, Pour the avocado sauce over the top and stir through until warmed.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and mixed herbs.
Inspired by: https://cafedelites.com/avocado-alfredo-zoodles/
You can find other delicious recipes here.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!