This healthy and delicious unstuffed peppers recipe uses frozen vegetables.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, frozen, chopped
- 2 cup Bell Pepper, frozen, chopped
- 1 lb Turkey, 93% lean, ground
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper, ground
- 1 cup cooked rice, any kind (can use frozen)
- 1-14 oz Can Tomatoes, diced and drained
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the frozen onion and bell peppers and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan, using a spoon to break up any large pieces.
- When the turkey begins to brown, add the frozen garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook until the turkey is completely browned the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the rice to the skillet and stir to incorporate. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
If you want to learn more about the difference between frozen and fresh vegetables, be sure to check out this nutrition tip that explains it all!
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!