When you are in Eating Disorder Recovery, eating tasty foods that satisfy you is one of the best ways to make peace with food.
This recipe for Refried Bean Tacos is one that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table! It is simple to make and for those wanting a little more spice, note the optional chopped green chilies that can be added to the meal.
Refried Bean Tacos Recipe
- 1 can (14 oz.) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas or taco shells or taco chips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 ½ cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 c. shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- ½ c. black olives, sour cream, tomatoes, for topping
- Warm the refried beans from can and, if desired, add salsa and green chilies to the mix (OPTIONAL).
- Wrap the stack of tortillas or taco shells in foil and place in the oven to warm (350 degrees for 5 min).
- To assemble the tacos, place the warm tortillas on serving plates, spoon bean mixture on each tortilla or taco and cover with a few slices of the onion.
- If not folded in, add salsa and lettuce and tomato and sour cream, fold over and serve.
Enjoy this recipe for Refried Bean Tacos!
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!