This recipe is inspired by a conversation I had with my daughter the other day about holiday desserts…
She wondered if it was still the season to eat pumpkin pie. Indeed, it is! Pumpkin pie should (in my opinion) be an everyday food.
Did you know that pumpkin pie is a rich source of Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, as well as potassium and iron? These are nutrients which help our digestion, immune system and our mood? A win-win in my book!
Here is a recipe which also has calcium from Greek yogurt, a mineral often in short supply in our diets and essential for bone health!
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- 1 c Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine sugar, salt and pumpkin spice mix in small bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in yogurt.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 375° or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!