This is a creamy quiche recipe I created when I realized I had no milk or cream.
I substituted Greek Yogurt, which made this very creamy. It has lots of calcium and Vitamin D for bone health too!
- 2 (8 inch) frozen pie crusts
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 12 ounces plain Greek Yogurt
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350. Put pie crusts in for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in bowl and fold in the yogurt.
- Mix shredded cheese into the egg-yogurt blend, reserving about 2 oz for the tops of the quiches.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions until golden brown.
- Put the onions on the bottom of the pie crusts and pour the egg-yogurt-cheese mixture over this.
- Optional: add in some broccoli or spinach or other vegetable(s) of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 45 minutes.
Try this recipe out and let me know how it makes you feel! Share pics of your quiche on Instagram and tag me!
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!