This is a creamy quiche recipe I created when I realized I had no milk or cream.
I substituted Greek Yogurt, which made this very creamy. It has lots of calcium and Vitamin D for bone health too!
- 2 (8 inch) frozen pie crusts
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 12 ounces plain Greek Yogurt
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350. Put pie crusts in for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in bowl and fold in the yogurt.
- Mix shredded cheese into the egg-yogurt blend, reserving about 2 oz for the tops of the quiches.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions until golden brown.
- Put the onions on the bottom of the pie crusts and pour the egg-yogurt-cheese mixture over this.
- Optional: add in some broccoli or spinach or other vegetable(s) of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 45 minutes.
Try this recipe out and let me know how it makes you feel! Share pics of your quiche on Instagram and tag me!