I wanted to share a comfort recipe developed by my son.
He happens to be sheltering in place with me during this trying time (and yes, I am taking advantage of his mad cooking skills!). This chicken pot pie was delicious!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust (bottom and top)
- 2 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 cup diced carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup pearl onions (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Sautee any fresh vegetables over medium heat until soft in a drizzle of olive oil. Add frozen vegetables until everything is cooked throughout.
- Add two tablespoons of flour and stir until vegetables are coated with the flour.
- Add chicken stock until all of the flour has absorbed and the broth thickens slightly. Turn heat to low. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a few shakes of paprika.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and yogurt. Add to vegetable mixture and mix until all of the dairy is absorbed into the mix. The filling should become thick and creamy. Add the chicken until all of the filling is thick and hot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scoop filling into the bottom pie crust, and lay the top crust over the filling. Cut slits on the top crust to allow the steam to release and brush top with egg wash. Bake until golden and bubbling (approximately 30 minutes). Rest for 20 minutes before serving.