I wanted to share a comfort recipe developed by my son.
He happens to be sheltering in place with me during this trying time (and yes, I am taking advantage of his mad cooking skills!). This chicken pot pie was delicious!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust (bottom and top)
- 2 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 cup diced carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup pearl onions (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Sautee any fresh vegetables over medium heat until soft in a drizzle of olive oil. Add frozen vegetables until everything is cooked throughout.
- Add two tablespoons of flour and stir until vegetables are coated with the flour.
- Add chicken stock until all of the flour has absorbed and the broth thickens slightly. Turn heat to low. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a few shakes of paprika.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and yogurt. Add to vegetable mixture and mix until all of the dairy is absorbed into the mix. The filling should become thick and creamy. Add the chicken until all of the filling is thick and hot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scoop filling into the bottom pie crust, and lay the top crust over the filling. Cut slits on the top crust to allow the steam to release and brush top with egg wash. Bake until golden and bubbling (approximately 30 minutes). Rest for 20 minutes before serving.
You can learn to Trust your Instincts with your Eating…Start by learning more about Intuitive Eating with my Dipping your Toes into Intuitive Eating Course. The lessons in this course will change your life by changing your outlook on food, eating, diets and more. Click here to register now.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!