For those of you celebrating Passover, I wanted to share a delicious recipe: Matzah brei.
This Matzah brei recipe serves 4.
- 8 boards of Matzah
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 T butter
- Break up the matzah into pieces in a bowl. Pour the hot water over the pieces to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In separate bowl, beat the 8 eggs, add in the milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Drain the water from the matzah pieces and pour in the beaten egg mixture.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the matzah-egg mixture and sauté until the eggs are set. Let the bottom get nice and brown!
- Serve with syrup, apple sauce or jam.