For those of you celebrating Passover, I wanted to share a delicious recipe: Matzah brei.
This Matzah brei recipe serves 4.
- 8 boards of Matzah
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 T butter
- Break up the matzah into pieces in a bowl. Pour the hot water over the pieces to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In separate bowl, beat the 8 eggs, add in the milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Drain the water from the matzah pieces and pour in the beaten egg mixture.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the matzah-egg mixture and sauté until the eggs are set. Let the bottom get nice and brown!
- Serve with syrup, apple sauce or jam.
You can learn to Trust your Instincts with your Eating…Start with this Eating Recovery Plan and Meal Guide. Click here to grab your copy now.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!