Here is an easy recipe developed by Diana Ushay, Lead Recovery Coach at Monte Nido & Affiliates and also a Meal Coach for Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists.
Serves: 2 peppers with 2 Tbsp sour cream or guacamole
- 4 Red or Orange Peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Lb. lean ground turkey or 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (1/2 tsp for beans)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice peppers lengthwise and lay in a lightly greased dish.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, and simmer onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey or black beans, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and cook until turkey is fully cooked or around 5 minutes for the beans.
- Add salsa to the pan and simmer for 5 more minutes on low heat. Add chicken or vegetable stock and take off of heat. Mix in the rice and half of the cheese.
- Fill each pepper with ½ cup of filling. Top each pepper with 2 tbsp of cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
If you want to learn more about how Erica Leon Nutrition can help you plan your meals, please reach out to me.