Here is an easy recipe developed by Diana Ushay, Lead Recovery Coach at Monte Nido & Affiliates and also a Meal Coach for Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists.
Serves: 2 peppers with 2 Tbsp sour cream or guacamole
- 4 Red or Orange Peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Lb. lean ground turkey or 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (1/2 tsp for beans)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice peppers lengthwise and lay in a lightly greased dish.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, and simmer onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey or black beans, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and cook until turkey is fully cooked or around 5 minutes for the beans.
- Add salsa to the pan and simmer for 5 more minutes on low heat. Add chicken or vegetable stock and take off of heat. Mix in the rice and half of the cheese.
- Fill each pepper with ½ cup of filling. Top each pepper with 2 tbsp of cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
If you want to learn more about how Erica Leon Nutrition can help you plan your meals, please reach out to me.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!