Here is an easy recipe developed by Diana Ushay, Lead Recovery Coach at Monte Nido & Affiliates Meal Coach Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists.
This simple recipe can be a great breakfast, snack, dinner, or even post workout meal! It calls for vanilla Greek yogurt on top for some extra protein.
French Toast for 1
- 3 slices of sandwich bread (any type: white, wheat, cinnamon raisin)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk or soy milk
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp oil or butter
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: berries or sliced almonds as topping
- In a bowl with a flat bottom big enough for a slice of bread, mix together the egg, milk, cinnamon, and salt. Soak each piece of bread in the mixture and make sure to flip each side so both sides are covered in the mixture. There should be just enough to coat 3 slices of bread.
- While the bread is soaking, put 1 tsp of butter or oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Place each slice of bread in the pan and cook each side until medium brown.
- Once cooked, place on a plate, top with Greek yogurt, drizzle with maple syrup and add optional toppings, if desired.
If you want to learn more about how Erica Leon Nutrition can help you plan your meals, please reach out to me.