Here is an easy recipe developed by Diana Ushay, Lead Recovery Coach at Monte Nido & Affiliates Meal Coach Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists.
This simple recipe can be a great breakfast, snack, dinner, or even post workout meal! It calls for vanilla Greek yogurt on top for some extra protein.
French Toast for 1
- 3 slices of sandwich bread (any type: white, wheat, cinnamon raisin)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk or soy milk
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp oil or butter
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: berries or sliced almonds as topping
- In a bowl with a flat bottom big enough for a slice of bread, mix together the egg, milk, cinnamon, and salt. Soak each piece of bread in the mixture and make sure to flip each side so both sides are covered in the mixture. There should be just enough to coat 3 slices of bread.
- While the bread is soaking, put 1 tsp of butter or oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Place each slice of bread in the pan and cook each side until medium brown.
- Once cooked, place on a plate, top with Greek yogurt, drizzle with maple syrup and add optional toppings, if desired.
You can learn to Trust your Instincts with your Eating…Start with this Eating Recovery Plan and Meal Guide. Click here to grab your copy now.
If you want to learn more about how Erica Leon Nutrition can help you plan your meals, please reach out to me.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!