Our Recipes for Recovery offer you ways to Find Satisfaction which will Help You Make Peace with Food.
If you are new to intuitive eating, or are working on recovery from chronic dieting or disordered eating, trying out new recipes can be a way of learning to find foods that are nourishing, as well as satisfying.
At Erica Leon Nutrition will be sharing various recipes to help people entering recovery, curious about intuitive eating, and still vulnerable to the language of diet culture, a food and recipe resource with examples of different meals and snacks that someone might like to try.
We will inspire you to experiment, in a space free of health talk and triggering numbers. We are not here to prescribe meals, calorie counts, or rules. We are here to give you some options; help you feel out the waters of this brand new, lived experience. We hope you find it useful.
This recipe is for chicken quesadillas, which can also be cooked without chicken for a vegetarian version.
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 Tablespoon Taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into slices or cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (use any cheese you like!)
- 8 flour tortillas, or wrap bread
- Toss cut-up chicken with Taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté in medium-large skillet with 2 T oil, over medium heat, until no longer pink, about 7-8 minutes. Put cooked chicken on separate plate.
- Sauté peppers and onion until soft and turning brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to skillet (add more oil, if needed) and sprinkle with ¼ – ½ c cheese, cooked chicken mixture and cooked peppers and onions. Top with another tortilla, cook about 2 minutes, then flip. Continue to make 4 quesadillas.
We’ve all been inundated with contradictory, confusing nutrition information. Don’t Fear your Food.
Learn to Trust your Instincts with your Eating…Start with this Eating Recovery Plan and Meal Guide.
Are you ready to move forward on your Recovery Journey with more food freedom?
Click here to purchase your Recipes for Recovery Cookbook now!
Following the Recipes for Recovery Cookbook will help you:
- Reconnect with positive eating experiences you had before the eating disorder
- Explore new flavors, colors, textures and aromas that connect your senses
- Experiment with previously forbidden foods that bring awareness to the present moment
- Challenge and let go of food restrictions and rigid rules to rekindle a healthy and fulfilling pattern of eating
- See success as you continue to discover food freedom
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!