Here are some different gift ideas for the non-dieter in your life!
As we say goodbye to Thanksgiving, we are now heading into the time of year when diet culture literally invades our homes. If you have grown tired of hearing about fad diets, and finally recognize (or are starting to recognize) that diets don’t work for the long term, consider giving thoughtful, body positive gifts.
These gifts will support your loved one’s authentic health in the new year. I have created a list of 22 gift ideas that will be sure to make your special person feel supported and loved in making peace with food and their bodies..
Gift Ideas for the Anti-Dieter
Here are 22 different gift ideas for the non-dieter in your life!
Books to Encourage Body Kindness:
- To send a message about size acceptance and the non-diet approach, I highly recommend Health at Every Size by Linda Bacon. You will learn the theory behind why diets don’t work!
- Intuitive Eating Book and Intuitive Eating Workbook by Tribole and Resch. These are the seminal books written about the non-diet approach to living a healthy life.
- Body Kindness by Rebecca Scritchfield. Learn to heal your body from the inside out.
- The Body is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love by Sonya Renee Taylor. In one reader’s words: “This book has helped open my eyes to body shaming that is all around us, and most importantly what we do to ourselves on a daily basis. It has changed how I think and interact with my own body and others’. A must read!”
Gift Your Loved One With Some Self-Care:
- An online Intuitive Eating program: Intuitive Eating Essentials with Erica Leon Nutrition: A self-paced 8-module journey into intuitive eating – one that helps them learn to make peace with food.
- Yoga classes for all shapes and sizes: Curvy Yoga Online Classes or Gaia Streaming Yoga Online Classes.
- Weighted Blanket: The ultimate stress reliever to wrap you in comfort if you are anxious and struggle with insomnia.
- Aromatherapy lavender-infused putty: Great for stress relief, this putty can be stretched, rolled or fidgeted. The relaxing scent of lavender can reduce stress, calm the mind and improve focus.
- Lavender products for all: Pelindaba Lavender is a premier grower of lavender plants grown in Washington State.
- Gratitude Journal: Gratitude has been shown to help you experience positive emotions, feel more alive and sleep better!
Help Them to Become Body Positive:
- FabuPlus Magazine: Help change the conversation with your body. Celebrate self-love with a body positive quarterly health, fitness and lifestyle publication dedicated to the curvy community.
- The Body Love Box: A subscription to a body and fat-positive intersectional goody bag delivered monthly. Contains artwork, self-care items, books, and more.
- BoPo Emojis for your iphone!: Dozens of empowering, fun, and playful images! Finally an emoji app for women everywhere who embrace worth and beauty in all of its unique shapes and sizes.
- “No Wrong Way to Have a Body”: An embroidered picture is a beautiful way to say, “I love you just as you are!”
- Voluptuart: Find body positive art, clothes & more on this beautiful site.
- Nalgona Positivity Pride Etsy Shop: Body Positive poster.
- Rise with Radiance 2019 Calendar: Whimsical Drawings and Positive Affirmations by Susan Schrott
Clothe Your Special Someone with Some Personal Styling
- Stitch-Fix: This is a personal styling service for everyone — No matter your age, size or budget!
- Dia and Company: Personal styling for the larger-bodied woman.
- Chubstr: Personal styling for the larger-bodied guy.
- Thredup: This is the first online consignment thrift shop for your child, teen or adult woman in every size.
Instill some body positivity and celebrate Every Body for young girls through adolescents:
- 25 Body Image Positive Books: Great selection to choose from.
- Celebrate your Body by Sonya Renee Taylor.
Have a happy holiday season and remember that learning to let go of diets and embrace your body’s natural shape is a gift. This is a gift that just keeps giving, and can help your loved one:
- Feel more comfortable around food and with their bodies.
- Silence the critics who tell them they are not “good enough” just as they are.
- Practice patience, not perfection.
- Truly enjoy food.
- Trust their bodies to learn to stop eating when satisfied
You can click all the links above to find the items mentioned, to learn more about the Intuitive Eating Essentials Program I offer, click here.
If you are interested in buying this program for someone and want to keep it as a surprise, please reach out to me and we can make something special happen.
Erica Leon is a Registered Dietitian and practices from a Health at Every Size (HAES®) lens. She is certified as an eating disorder specialist and is passionate about helping women at midlife, menopause and beyond to make peace with food and body image.
Erica is a highly sensitive nutrition therapist who takes the time to learn where you or your family are in the pursuit of health. Respectful of your individual needs and lifestyle, she will provide an honest assessment of whether or not you are a good fit to work together. Click here to schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call with Erica to let us know about your needs, and to see which of our Dietitians is the best fit for you!
Download our Free Intuitive Eating Guide and get off that Diet Roller Coaster for good!