I have never been a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I spent most of my 20’s searching for love, always feeling empty when I had no one to share V-Day with!
To me, it’s still an artificial holiday made up by Hallmark to sell chocolate candy, flowers and cards. I mean, everyday should be Valentines’ day.
As an older and (slightly) wiser human, I have realized the importance of self-love. We are worthy of care and attention. No-one is going to take better care of me than…ME!
These are my five favorite self-love activities:
- Get rest. I love to nap in the middle of the day when I can. It feels like a rebellious act of self-care!
- Choose to be active or not. Some days I am burning to move my body, other days, not so much. Choosing is not laziness – but self-love.
- Wear clothing that makes you feel fabulous — if you don’t have any – buy one item!
- We spend so much of our day on the computer, iPhone, and iPad. Make a conscious choice to take one hour — or two hours — and get completely free of social media, news and other stimulation. Spend the time talking to a friend, having tea, coloring, listening to music, playing with a pet or doing NOTHING at all without judgement!
- Pick a sense and use it — buy yourself flowers and SMELL THEM. Use lavender hand cream and FEEL it on your skin, COZY up and wrap yourself in a blanket in front of a WARM fireplace, BURN a candle. LISTEN to music, READ a book, TASTE your food by eating slowly and mindfully.
What do you do as an act of self-love?
To learn more about self-care, join my Private FaceBook Community: Eat, Live, Nourish Intuitive Eating Support